Houzez included two different layouts for the blog. The Regular blog and the Masonry blog. We will see on this page how it is possible to set them.
To create and set up the blog is the same process like to create a new page. In your left sidebar navigate to Pages > Add New to add a new page and from the Page Attributes box located in the right sidebar select Template: Default Template and Publish the page.
How to set the regular blog
Once you created the homepage, navigate to Settings > Reading in your admin sidebar.
- Your homepage displays: Select A Static Page
- Homepage: select your Homepage from the list of pages
- Posts Page: select a page which you want to use as Blog
- Save Changes
In your left sidebar navigate to Pages > Add New to add a new page and from the Page Attributes box located in the right sidebar select Template: Blog Masonry Template and Publish the page.
Masonry Blog doesn’t need to setup Reading Settings as needed for the regular blog.
Blog page options
Navigate to Theme options > Blog as displayed in the image below
- Number of Posts (for Masonry Blog template): Enter the number of posts to display Masonry Blog template
- Enable/Disable blog featured image
- Enable/Disable blog posts date
- Enable/Disable blog posts author
- Enable/Disable author box on post detail page
The blog page is provided with a sidebar placed on the right side of the web page. A sidebar in WordPress refers to a widget-ready area used by the website to display information that is not part of the main content but is displayed in a vertical column.
In your left sidebar navigate to Appearance > Widgets and locate the Default Property sidebar box as displayed in the image below.
As you will notice, there are Available Widgets displayed in the left part of the page. On the right side you can find the Single Property sidebar where you will need to drag and drop the widgets that you want to display in the property detail page.